Aviationlive2
αυτή τη στιγμή βλέπετε το φόρουμ σαν επισκέπτης και υπαρχουν τμηματα που δεν μπορειτε να δειτε , παρακαλώ συνδεθείτε ή εγγραφείτε για να αποκτήσετε πλήρη πρόσβαση

ευχαριστώ.

At the moment you see the Forum as a guest and are not able to see some topic's, please log in or register to gain full access to the forum

thank you.

Fires in Greece

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fires in Greece

Post by Mix on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:51 am

I can not beleve that there are so many insane people out there, and that they are so stupid to distroy huge natural resources and to jepordise lives of many

People tell me how is situation down there?
I an not so up to date, and I hope that you all are OK.
Anyway when I saw Canadairs over Lefkada few days ago I was thinking that it was only one of training flights(I saw them when I was in November in Greece too)
I am very happy that fireman managed to make control of fire on Atos where some lunatic set on fire huge area of forest, but there are so few info on our TV

Take care
Mix

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 363
Ημερομηνία εγγραφής : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Fires in Greece

Post by Iptamenos on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:41 am

Mix wrote:I can not beleve that there are so many insane people out there, and that they are so stupid to distroy huge natural resources and to jepordise lives of many

People tell me how is situation down there?
I an not so up to date, and I hope that you all are OK.
Anyway when I saw Canadairs over Lefkada few days ago I was thinking that it was only one of training flights(I saw them when I was in November in Greece too)
I am very happy that fireman managed to make control of fire on Atos where some lunatic set on fire huge area of forest, but there are so few info on our TV

Take care

Dear friend.

I can talk about Korinthos and the surrounding area. A village next to us was set on fire three times this summer. Olive trees and pines were burnt and some vineyards. This was because some want to take the timber and they can't if the trees are alive. But they are burnt first, there is no problem.....my workplace was not burnt by chance, the fire slliped 50 meters away from us.
Many fires are beeing set because of timber, others because of real estate interests, others are set by shepards. After the fire grass grows so they can feed their herds.
Others are being put by Turks in the islands, so all turists go to TUrkey and the islands have no cover for our army in case of operations, so our troops are vulnerable to aerial attacks.and occasionally by Americans to blackmail the government for example, like 2007.

I am so pissed off.....
Cheers mate.
Iptamenos

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 4
Ημερομηνία εγγραφής : 2012-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Fires in Greece

Post by el on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:02 pm

here is recent report on fire at Edessa airfield from Vangelis blog
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
el

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 384