Aviationlive2
αυτή τη στιγμή βλέπετε το φόρουμ σαν επισκέπτης και υπαρχουν τμηματα που δεν μπορειτε να δειτε , παρακαλώ συνδεθείτε ή εγγραφείτε για να αποκτήσετε πλήρη πρόσβαση

ευχαριστώ.

At the moment you see the Forum as a guest and are not able to see some topic's, please log in or register to gain full access to the forum

thank you.

Ανάρτηση εκ μέρους του κ. Βασίλειου Μαρκεζίνη

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ανάρτηση εκ μέρους του κ. Βασίλειου Μαρκεζίνη

Post by tasoscorsair on Fri May 18, 2012 1:37 pm

Ο Βασίλειος Μαρκεζίνης ανήρτησε το παρακάτω μήνυμα στις τρεις ομάδες του facebook, οι οποίες είχαν δημιουργηθεί με τίτλο το όνομά του. Παρατίθεται το κείμενό του στα αγγλικά, το οποίο γράφτηκε χωρίς τη δυνατότητα χρήσης ελληνικών χαρακτήρων.

Dear Friends,

Despite my manifold duties, frequent travel, and OVER 130-150 e-mails, letters, and phone calls per day I manage to remain reasonably informed of what you all write and I am grateful to those who, without really knowing me, are kind with their words and generous with their wishes. More importantly - if I may say so - I remain aware of the rapidly deteriorating situation in our country and alternate between deep sorrow and anger because the dying political world remains so self-centered, unimaginative, and planning - if they manage it – to revive old, failed, frustrated “leaders” – if that, indeed, is the word that suits them!

My views are constantly refined and updated as circumstances change and new needs – dangers – arise and require. But, I dare say, they have remained remarkably consistent because they were born out of deep and constant reflection and practical experience. They can be found in my numerous articles and six books written in Greek during the last five years, including my sui generis autobiography “Writing for myself” (NOT about myself). My most recent stance, consistent with the above philosophy, can be found in my interview with Mr. Savides for ERT 3 and I urge those interested to re-see it (assuming they have nothing better to do which I earnestly hope they have! Watch, as I do when free, some of the wonderful old Greek comedies of the early sixties and experience the “uncomplicated” Greece I knew when young and also enjoy yourselves in the company of Vassiliadou,Photopoulos, Stavridis, Gionnakis, Konstandaras, Beggos and so many others!)

But back to serious matters.

The key idea is that posts, chairs and honours do not matter and, certainly, do not interest me. What matters is a new beginning, with new policies, and new people to apply them because they believe in them. The situation – economic and strategic – of our country is SO BAD – that even these ideas may be coming too late. But the ideas of the dying political world, re-applied by the surviving “heavy weights” of both main parties, simply will NOT do.

A simpler statement than the above there could not be. Yet, though I can think of answers, I cannot be the one who will turn the switch on and transform the heat into energy. For that switch is in the hands of others!

Apologies for replying in English but my blackberry has no Greek fonts; and apologies also for being such an intermittent correspondent acknowledging your kind, indeed, inspiring, notes but life is rarely as we wish it to be!

ΠΗΓΗ: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
tasoscorsair

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 234
Ημερομηνία εγγραφής : 2011-10-02
Τόπος : Athenss

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum